Natural kurma with skimmed milk.
Lightly pasteurized skimmed milk blended with natural date syrup. This makes a good source of nutrition from dates and also nutrition from milk, with removed saturated fats, polyunsaturated fats, monosaturated fats, and trans fats.
Source of fructose, which is a natural type of sugar found in fruit. It also has a subtle caramel-like taste.
Proven health benefits of dates are:
For every 100g serving:
- Calories: 277
- Carbs: 75 grams
- Fiber: 7 grams
- Protein: 2 grams
- Potassium: 20% of the RDI
- Magnesium: 14% of the RDI
- Copper: 18% of the RDI
- Manganese: 15% of the RDI
- Iron: 5% of the RDI
- Vitamin B6: 12% of the RDI
Here’s an overview of the three most potent antioxidants in dates:
- Flavonoids: Flavonoids are powerful antioxidants that may help reduce inflammation and have been studied for their potential to reduce the risk of diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease and certain types of cancer
- Carotenoids: Carotenoids are proven to promote heart health and may also reduce the risk of eye-related disorders, such as macular degeneration
- Phenolic acid: Known for its anti-inflammatory properties, phenolic acid may help lower the risk of cancer and heart disease
Laboratory studies have found dates to be helpful for lowering inflammatory markers, such as interleukin 6 (IL-6), in the brain. High levels of IL-6 are associated with a higher risk of neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s.